The academic calendar has been updated, including an important change: to avoid the risk of students returning to campus with COVID-19 after Thanksgiving, all classes will be held remotely when classes resume after the break, and residence halls will remain closed through the end of the trimester. Here are some important dates to remember for fall 2020:
- Aug. 31: Classes begin.
- Sept. 7: Labor Day. No classes, offices closed. Last day to add or swap courses.
- Sept. 14: Last day to drop courses. Boston Marathon holiday canceled. Classes will be held, offices open.
- Oct. 12 – 13: Traditional October break (canceled). Classes will be held. Administrative offices closed on Oct. 12.
- Nov. 25 – 27: Thanksgiving break. Residential students will be required to leave residence halls. Additional details to come.
- Nov. 30: All classes resume remotely.
- Dec. 10: Undergraduate Reading Day.
- Dec. 16: Final day of graduate exams and classes.
- Dec. 17: Final day of undergraduate exams and classes.